7 Tips for Memorizing a Book of the Bible
We've been memorizing the Book of James together and I wanted to share some tips that have helped us.
1. Listen to the Bible in your car with your children. There's more time there than you think!
***For all those who are looking for KJV resources, we use The Holy Bible on audio in our car.
2. Listen while you paint your journal. It's a relaxing way to soak in the Word.
3. Write your verses out 5x DAILY! On the 5th time, write it in journal with a special marker or calligraphy pen.
4. Have your children use a Scripture copywork curriculum that correlates with the book you're working on. When they're done, have them read it silently or to you.
All Creatures of Our God and King is available in our shop. This is a scripture and hymn curriculum. We also have a series coming very soon with a Book of the Bible option.
5. Record yourself reading and play it everywhere you go. In the garden, while you put the baby down for a nap, in the kitchen, while you clean, etc.
6. Use scripture cards and pull them out throughout the day. Add 2-3 verses daily. This seems to be manageable however be sure you master them before moving on.
7. Pray and asked Him for wisdom. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5
Memorizing the whole book has brought such a deep understanding to each of us.
If I'm missing any tips, please share them below ⬇️ so that others can be inspired.
Note: This blog post contains affiliate links that I may receive a very small commission for sharing the information.
To God be the glory.