The kids and I thought of 10 words we want our home and homeschool to look like in 2020.
I couldn't pick just one. I know I need to but I'm going to take the next few weeks and really pray about what each item here looks like and how we can implement them all. Now that we're coming out of the newborn phase, we're going to focus more on accomplishing some goal, all the while still taking things slow and allowing them to be little.
Here are our words:
1. Intention Every activity, book and lesson will be made with intention for our children. I work too hard on keeping them "busy" and not allowing my eyes to focus on doing all of these things with intention.
2. Less We want to do more with less. God has provided an abundance and we have enough. We need to use what we have and not seek other items to buy.
3. Courage Teaching our children where their courage comes from and to put on the Armor of God.
4. Balance This is a big one. We need some home and school balance. Our children have beautiful hearts and want to help but truth is, I don't allow them to help me enough with maintaining a household. I try to do it all and recognize that I'm not giving them what they need to help me.
5. Hospitality No more excuses. What hangs you up on hospitality? Too little time? Messy house? Bed time routines? I say it all but the Lord tells us to take care of those in need. Why do we make these excuses? "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in," Matthew 25:35
6. Generosity This goes along with hospitality but one we want to talk about and want our children to see us doing on a regular basis.
7. Confidence Recognizing our confidence is in the Lord and not the things we can accomplish in our homeschool, home, and lives.
8. Foundation Our foundation is firm and in Christ.
9. Consistency We've been super consistent in homeschool for the last month or so. It's a wonderful feeling after countless morning sickness days and not being able to. We'll continue working on this over the next year.
10. Focus A huge goal of mine is to get the kids outdoors more. I'm focusing on making sure our kids are able to explore the creation around and be little.
So many exciting things happened in 2019!! I cant wait to see what the Lord has in store for our family and to seek Him first above all else.
We took our 10 words and made a beautiful snowflake garland to hang and remind us why we're doing the things we are over the next year. How do you stay focused on your aspirations for the upcoming year? What do you do to remind yourself and your little ones?
happy new year everyone!